Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Parking charges are waived at all surface parking lots and borough parking garages (Chestnut Street and Bicentennial) during the snow emergency.
Show All Answers
Dumpster permits can be obtained at the Public Works Department. A fee of $45 per week applies. In addition to this, a fee of $21 per space, per day will apply for all metered spaces taken up by the dumpster.
In order to close a road in the Borough the contractor must:
1) Contact Public Works with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice. If working on a Monday, you must notify PW no later than 3PM on the preceding Thursday.
2) Contractor must notify the Parking Department 48 hours in advance for their No Parking Postings. If working on a Monday, you must notify Parking no later than 3PM on the preceding Thursday.
3) You must notify PW if emergency vehicles will have access
4) You must notify PW if it is a partial or full closure
5) Contractor is responsible for placing road closure signs out and responsible for flaggers if required
6) No closures can be requested the day of work unless a 100% true emergency
7) A copy of the approved and paid PW Highway Occupancy Permit must be on the job site.
8) Road Closures are permitted from 9AM – 3PM
9) If a state road, PADOT approval is required
** Please note, failure to comply with this policy will result in a shut-down of the jobsite.
*** Please contact Public Works at 610-696-5282 for a permit and the procedures.
Bulk trash week occurs during the week containing the 1st Monday of the month. Please refer to the Bulk Trash page under the Public Works Department for specific dates each month. Each property may place out 1 large item at this time. Tires, television, computers, or appliances containing Freon are not accepted as bulk trash.
Electronics, appliances containing FREON, Fluorescent bulbs & CFL bulbs may be taken to the Public Works Department for a fee. The Public Works Department is located at: 205 Lacey St. West Chester, PA 19382
Hazardous waste can be taken to the Chester County Household Hazardous Waste events throughout the year. Please visit their website for more information about upcoming events.
Yard waste will be collected in tied bundles no longer than 4-foot length or in biodegradable bags. Yard waste placed out in trash cans or that is not tied into bundles will not be collected.
A Snow Emergency is declared when a snow accumulation of 6 inches or more is expected or when hazardous conditions exist, such as an ice storm. During a Snow Emergency, cars on Snow Emergency Routes must be moved to other parking locations for the duration of the Snow Emergency.
For more information http://west-chester.com/164/Solid-Waste
For more information http://west-chester.com/160/Recycling