Borough Council is Accepting Applications for Appointments to our Boards and Commissions
West Chester Borough Council is accepting applications for volunteer positions for the following :
- Railroad Restoration Commission
- Historic Commission
- Zoning Hearing Board
- Parks & Recreation
- Library Board
- Community Campus Committee
Railroad Restoration Commission advises Council on issues related to restoring commuter rail service.
Historic Commission advocates for the preservation of historic resources and provides information to the Public, Borough, County, and Commonwealth.
Zoning Hearing Board hears and considers appeals from the zoning ordinance standards.
Sustainability Advisory Commission advises the Borough Council on sustainable practices, monitors Borough's carbon footprint, and stormwater quality matters.
The Recreation Commission makes recommendations on the development, supervision, maintenance and regulation of public park and recreation areas and facilities located in the Borough.
West Chester Library Board directs the operation of the West Chester Public Library.
Community Campus Committee promotes and increases communication and collaboration between Borough of West Chester community leaders and residents and West Chester University officials and students on issues that affect health, safety, and quality of life for the campus and Borough community. Membership Requirements are:
- A Borough resident from the 2W and 4th Wards who is appointed by Borough Council;
- Two at-large Borough residents who are appointed by Council;
- A member of the West Chester Apartment Housing Association or a property owner in the Borough who owns student rental units who is appointed by Council;
- A member of the West Chester Restaurant Association or a business owner in the Borough who owns an establishment with a liquor license who is appointed by Council.
In addition to the members appointed by Council, the Committee shall include ten representatives from West Chester University (the “University members”) who shall be selected by the University and represent various departments selected by the University administration such as the following:
- Student Affairs;
- Civic Engagement and Social Impact;
- External Relations;
- Fraternity and Sorority Life;
- Student Government Association;
- Off Campus and Commuter Services;
- Public Safety;
- Student Conduct; and
- Wellness Promotion.
Those persons interested in being considered are required to submit a letter of interest and a copy of their resume or biography to Dana DiDomenico, via email email@example.com. Interested individuals will be contacted to schedule an interview. Deadline for submission is December 1, 2021.