Chester County Emergency Rent & Utility Assistance Program
DCD hosted a webinar for the Chester County Emergency Rental and Utility Assistance Program on Friday, April 16, 2021 at 11:30 a.m. View the presentation slides or stream video of the meeting.
The Emergency Utility and Rental Assistance program serves Chester County residents and can only be accessed by dialing 2-1-1 and selecting the prompt for "Housing Crisis."
Funding will serve individuals and families that are obligated to pay rent and meet the following three criteria:
1. Qualify for unemployment or have experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship, directly or indirectly, during COVID-19.
2. Demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
3. Have a household income at or below 80 percent of the area median(Income limits are subject to change per guidance from the federal government).
- Family of 1 = $52,950
- Family of 4 = $75,600
Priority of service shall be prioritized to eligible applicants, including:
- Households with individual(s) that have been unemployed for the 90 days prior to application for assistance and households with income at or below 50 percent of the area median.
- Households with housing- and utility-related arrears that could result in imminent eviction or utility shut-off.