- Public Works
- Yard Waste Collection
Yard Waste Collection
Yard Waste is collected each week on your trash day. Place your brown biodegradable yard waste bags and bundled branches next to your trash and recycling and it will be collected once a week on your trash day.
- Collection will include bundled branches and yard waste only.
- Branches and yard waste must be tied with biodegradable twine (cotton or hemp) into manageable bundles no longer than 4 feet or placed in biodegradable paper bags.
- No plastic bags or yard waste in cans will be collected.
- Branches thicker than 4 inches will not be collected.
- Loose, improperly contained yard waste will not be collected.
- No yard waste may be placed or left to accumulate upon Borough streets, except during the designated leaf collection schedule.
- Yard waste must be separated from your refuse for collection at your regular trash & recycling collection point.
- Yard waste must be placed out for collection at your regular trash & recycling collection point no later than 7am of your designated yard waste collection day and no earlier than 6pm of the day preceding your collection day.
Drop Off Collection Site
The Public Works Department Yard Waste Drop Off is located at:
Yard Waste Dropoff will be closed indefinitely!
Materials accepted at residence are as follows:
- Grass clippings
- Leaf waste
- Loose yard waste
- Tree branches cut 4 feet or shorter; no thicker than 4 inches diameter
- Yard waste in biodegradable bags
- Plastic bags
- Root balls
- Food Waste
Christmas Tree Collection
Christmas tree collection occurs the first 2 weeks following New Year’s Day. Please remove all lights and decorations from your tree and place it out at your trash & recycling collection point. Trees placed out in plastic bags will not be collected.
Shrubbery & Tree Branches
Shrubbery and tree branches up to 8 inches in diameter or 8 feet in length may be taken to the Lanchester Landfill in Honey Brook for composting or shredding. There is a charge for this. Lanchester Landfill will not accept root balls, dirt, or stones. Please call the landfill at 610-273-3771 for more information.