Residential Parking Permits & Guest Passes
The Borough of West Chester has several areas that are enforceable Residential Permitted Parking Areas. If you are unsure whether you live in one of these areas, please check this map. Enter your address at the top of the screen where it says “Find address or place”, then click “Parking Permit Areas” below to find corresponding area.
All initial residential parking permit and business permit sales will be done online.
If you prefer to come in to see us, we ask that you schedule an appointment using the link found here: https://calendly.com/parkingdepartment/permitspasses
You must pick up your guest pass, using your ID.
Please log on to www.west-chester.com with all required proofs/documents attached. Please see below. If you are having issues uploading large files, take a screen shot or photo of the item and attach that instead.
To buy a Residential Permit you must have:
- A valid ‘PA’ vehicle registration with the resident’s name appearing on it
- For leased vehicles, a copy of the lease agreement from an authorized leasing agent and the vehicle must be leased to you, the resident
- For company vehicles you must present a letter on a company letterhead stating that you are an employee of the company whom is required to use the vehicle on a regular basis and a copy of a pay stub from your employer with proof of your address. (Additional proof may be requested.)
- Two current proofs of residency with the resident’s name and address appearing on the item. If you are a renter, your 1st proof MUST be your fully executed lease. The lease must be signed by tenant and landlord and show rental term by dates. Your permit will expire when your lease expires. Acceptable items may include, but are not limited to, the following: (No junk mail)
- PA driver’s license
- Voter registration card
- Utility bill
- Bank statement
- If you are driving a car registered to a parent or guardian, you will need to provide the insurance policy listing the child AND the affidavit of responsibility as well.
ALL ITEMS MUST BE RECEIVED IN ORDER FOR US TO APPROVE A PERMIT. If your application is incomplete, we will have to deny and you will need to resubmit the information again.