- Building, Housing & Code Enforcement
- Site Plan Review
Site Plan Review
Minor Site Plan Review
Minor site development is reviewed and approved administratively by the staff of the Department of Building and Housing.
Guidelines to qualify for minor site review:
- Any new parking area for less than 3 cars
- Construction of a temporary parking area or paving of an existing parking area
- Two family house
- Change in use of an existing building
Applications must be submitted to the Zoning Officer with 2 sets of a complete site plan. Under normal conditions, administrative review takes approximately 2 weeks. Once you receive approval and all conditions are met, you may file and pay for your building permit.
Major Site Plan Review
Major site plans are reviewed and approved by the Planning Commission and then Borough Council. The Planning Commission is appointed by the Borough Council to make recommendations on major site plans, subdivisions, conditional uses, and zone and text changes. Planning Commission meetings are held on the last Tuesday of each month. Submissions are required a minimum of 2 weeks in advance to the Department of Building, Housing, and Codes Enforcement. Additionally, the Planning Commission holds a work session meeting on the Tuesday preceding the regular monthly meeting.
Guidelines for Major Site Plan Review and Subdivisions include any of the following activities:
- The improvement of 1 lot or 2 or more contiguous lots, tracts, or parcels of land for any purpose involving a group of 2 or more residential or nonresidential buildings, whether proposed initially or cumulatively or a single nonresidential building on a lot or lots regardless of the number of occupants by means of or for the purpose of streets, common areas, leaseholds, condominiums, building groups, or other features
- A subdivision of land
- Development in accordance with Section 503 (1.1) of the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code, as amended through December 14, 1992
Applications must be submitted to the Department of Building, Housing, and Codes Enforcement with 7 complete sets of site plans. The Building and Housing Department reviews and processes the applications for submission and schedules a Planning Commission workshop and a public hearing.
- Major site application - $400
- Note: Property owners adjacent to the proposed developments are notified by the applicant when the plan will be presented to the Planning Commission
- Engineering review fee will be assessed to cover borough costs