Residential Parking Permits & Guest Passes
These can be purchased at the Parking Services Office located on the 1st floor in the West Chester Municipal Building beginning the 1st business day in August, Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Starting on the first working day of the last week in August, and extending for 5 working days, the initial permits sales for areas A and B will only be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in room 240, located on the second floor. After the initial sale date, these permits and all other permits can be purchased at the Parking Services Office. For your convenience, permits for all areas will also be sold on Saturdays throughout the months of August and September.
To buy a Residential Permit you must have:
- A valid ‘PA’ vehicle registration with the resident’s name appearing on it
- For leased vehicles, a copy of the lease agreement from an authorized leasing agent and the vehicle must be leased to you, the resident
- For company vehicles you must present a letter on a company letterhead stating that you are an employee of the company whom is required to use the vehicle on a regular basis. (Additional proof may be requested.)
- Two current proofs of residency with the resident’s name and address appearing on the item. Acceptable items may include, but are not limited to, the following: (No junk mail)
- PA driver’s license
- Personal check
- Voter registration card
- Utility bill
- Rental lease (signed) with current receipt (receipt required)
- Bank statement
West Chester University Permits: Area C
For an annual fee established by the borough, WCU students, staff, and faculty members are eligible to purchased a borough permit parking sticker for Area C permitting them to park along certain designated streets near the university from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
After 4 p.m., no permit is required unless otherwise posted in these areas. The designated streets are posted with official signs. The signs read, "borough permit parking only 8 a.m. to 4 p.m." and are green and white.
The permit sale is initially held on the 1st and 2nd business days of August from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in room 240 located on the 2nd floor of the Municipal Building. Any remaining permits after the initial sale can be purchased at the Parking Services Office located on the 1st floor.